Pages

Friday 30 September 2011

Up, then down, now up again...


I have been told, and have also read, that the road to recovery is a slow one with ups & downs - but I was starting to feel that I was immune to the downs as my recovery has been going so amazingly smoothly. Until yesterday. Yesterday I was aching, sore, tired, bloated, had lost my sense of humour, was grumpy and just felt generally miserable. I slept until late because I didn't want to get out of bed, and when I did get out of bed I didn't even bother getting dressed for the day.

For the past 2 and a half weeks I have been feeling really well - recovering smoothly and feeling better than I have in years. So I was rather alarmed and a tad depressed when, come Day 17, I was feeling like sh*t. I phoned my gyno to check a few things out with him, and was asured that all was normal and that I probably had over-done things thepast few days. Relieved, I sat and mindlessly played bingo on Facebook all afternoon because I needed a brainless distraction from being such a grump.

Of course, I had over-done things a tad... But today - wow! I feel fantastic! I have zero pain, tons of energy and a brain that is willing to function beyond mindless bingo. We drove out to Maldon, along some bumpy dirt roads, and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Needless to say, I'm happy & cheerful once again and am taking it a bit easier than I have been. I have to remember it has only been 18 days of a recommended 6-8 week recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment