Pages

Saturday 10 September 2011

2 more sleeps!!!


In just under 30mins I can say "Tomorrow is the day!!!" My anxiety, fear, panic, sadness, excitement and all the other emotions I was feeling all swirled up together have gone. I feel nice and relaxed, calm and ready for surgery.

My hospital bag is all packed and ready to go. We went up to my parents today and dropped off my suitcase - and unpacked and arranged my room up there for my stay. Everything is organised.

Except for the pain. The pain is excruciating and getting worse. I've given up on all pain meds as nothing helps except my TENS machine. I *love* my TENS machine!

When I walk I *feel* each step I take with my ovaries. My uterus is constantly cramping. I am exhausted and have zero energy. Everything is building up - but they can attack me all they want because they will be *removed* on Monday!

Ignoring recovery for the minute, I will be pain free for the first time in my adult life! Yeah, yeah, it's no cure for endometriosis (don't rain on my parade!) but it *is* a cure for adenomyosis, an ovary that is constantly polycystic and painful, and best of all - no more periods!!

It just sounds like bliss!

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment