Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Recovery Day 10


This is *so* true. I've had a fair bit of time to watch movies recently (obviously...) and I really need to take up my old rule of, "If you loved/liked the book then don't see the movie!" A couple of exceptions to the rule being Mel Gibson in "Hamlet" and Leonardo di Caprio in "Romeo+Juliet" and they did do a pretty good job on the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Aside from these few examples, I am yet to see a movie of a book, after reading the book, and not been disappointed. Oh - just thought of "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier - the film (original B&W starring Laurence Olivier) is definitely better (and pretty close to) the book, as is "Jamaica Inn" - but then I've neverbeen much of a fan of du Maurier's writing!

You just can't capture, IMHO, what some authors can write on the silver screen.

I've been doing a fair bit of reading too - nothing too heavy as the brain is still a bit foggy - just complete trash novels that I am too embarrassed to post titles of here! LOL! I currently have about 30 titles on my iPhone to read and, wait for it, 1096 books on my Kindle! Of course, a lot of the Kindle content is Indie stuff, so mileage is definitely going to vary!


This is my little recovery partner - Epsi. She's mum's dog but seeing I'm here more than mum is, I'm claiming her for my recovery period! She's not that much of a companion for me though - every time she sits next to me she gives up and goes back to her chair (as pictured) because I fidget too much!

As far as recovery is going - it is going really well. I have to be careful not to over-do things and I'm starting to "count calories" so I don't eat too much while I'm pretty sedentary and end up massive! I'm also loking through mum's stash of recipe books to make my own collection of "healthy recipes" so I can cook properly when I get home. Hubby will be shocked! LOL!


Mum got most of her birthday presents (even though her birthday isn't until November!) yesterday - artwork for the garden. She got three huge pieces made from metal - a lily, a strelitzia (sp?) and the best  of all - "Equus" (pictured above) who, I must say, is the most fabulous piece of artwork I have seen in a very long time! He's 3D so looks like he's galloping out of his metalic canvas toward you. He's just FABULOUS!!! And the last of mum's presents, who we have dubbed "Wilbur" is also fabulous, but in a totally different way... Pics when he arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment