Pages

Sunday 4 September 2011

Hyster Countdown - 8 days Pre-Op



I've been pretty busy the last couple of days so my mind has been preoccupied. Today, however, the pain caught up with me and slammed me like a wrecking ball. We were up at mum & dad's, continuing work on the Epsideck, and so I just threw myself into the work to take my mind off the pain. It got to the point where hubby told me to stop and sit down - so I guess I must have been pretty bad! As soon as I sat down I knew I wasn't going anywhere too soon... 1 week to go, so grin and bear it!

It's getting closer so fast that frankly, I'm starting to get scared. Silly things like what if I don't survive the anaesthetic? What If my remaining ovary goes into shock and I end up going into surgical menopause? Should I really get my right ovary removed? Am I carrying too much weight? How am I going to avoid putting on weight after the surgery? What is recovery going to be like? And on and on...

Deep breathing exercises and a lot of distraction is in order I think!

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment