Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Hyster Countdown - 6 more sleeps


I must admit I am calmer than I was when I last posted. I have organised more stuff - aftercare for the girls, holiday arrangements for the girls (it is 2.5 weeks until 2 weeks of school holidays here - for me, post-op weeks 3 & 4), and chucked most of the things I think I need for hospital and for the stay at my parents place in a suitcase - I'll seperate the "hospital stuff" out into a small bag later. I also got some much-needed housework done, so all in all I'm feeling more relaxed because I'm feeling more organised.

I have also found a *fantastic* site for pre- and post-op hysterectomy patients:


There are fabulous articles and personal stories of pre-op, recovery and post-op hyster women and such supportive forums. It has answered so many of my questions, and I'm sure it will answer many more to come!

I am preparing various forms of entertainment for myself while I'm recovering at my parent's place - couldn't live without my Kindle or my Boxee!!! The kids have passed the "worried about mummy" and "1000 questions" phases and are now completely excited that I'll be "out of the way" for a while and daddy will be doing the school runs and, the thing they are most excited about, is that they get to go to the gym (aka personal trainer) with daddy! I feel unloved...

It's good that they're excited and not fretting, as I'll be up in Castlemaine doing not very much at all... Just sleeping a lot for the first week I am told!


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment