Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Post-Op Day 6


I was feeling pretty good yesterday and so made an extra effort to do some things for myself and staying up & about because Hubby came for a visit. I surrendered to an afternoon nap because I was getting really tired, and after dinner I had to return to bed - light headed, dizzy, tingling... All the signs of overdoing it. I over did it, didn't keep my fluids up and probably a touch of low blood pressure to boot seeing I had low blood pressure immediately post-op in the hossie. A lesson learnt!


I have my 1-week checkup & stitches out tomorrow with a nurse (and a Dr popping his head in apparently) at my parent's GP here in Castlemaine. My gyno said it was a stupid idea to drive down to his offices in Melbourne and back (4 hour round trip!) just for a 5min appointment. The stitches are driving me nuts - so itchy! But they are still dressed and if I try and scratch them it either hurts (der!) or it's somewhere my tummy is numb and so I can't feel myself scratching - weird!


Tomorrow will be my first trip out since I left hossie, and even though it is only about two blocks to the GP (we'll be driving because I can't walk that far yet) I wonder how I'll do. I've read a lot of personal stories of other hyster patients being absolutely exhausted and spending the rest of the day in bed after their first 10min outing. Good "test run" I guess to gague where I'm at! And a chance to check on those dizzy, lightheaded, tingling symptoms I had yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment