Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

1 Week Post-Op!

Today marks 1 week since my hysterectomy! I am feeling so good - in far less pain than before the op, and I have been glimpsing the abundant energy I am going to have when I fully recover! It really is amazing the difference the hyster has made - definitely no regrets and no looking back!


The above quote rings so true to me - my hysterectomy really marks the start of a new chapter of my life. Pain-free, energetic, good moods. All of these, plus more bonuses I'm sure to discover, all of the time. I can't wait to get started!

But that will have to wait a little while longer as I am absolutely and utterly exhausted! But for good reason - today was my first outing since the op. This morning I went to the GP for my 1-week checkup and to get my stitches out. Getting the stitches out was brilliant - no more incredibly itchy stiches!!! There are still some itchy bits here & there, but nothing I can't handle. Dr was really happy with how well (and fast) I am recovering but warned I still need to take it easy for the 6 weeks.

This afternoon mum & I went for a walk into town (a whole 3 blocks!) and ended up wandering around (slowly - I'm walking at snail's pace atm!) for about 45mins. The body didn't have a problem - no increase in pain or anything - but when I got home and sat down I realised how tiring the walk was and that my body, although thoroughly enjoyed being out & about, was not going to move off the couch anytime soon... But it was well worth it!

I'm really looking forward to my walk tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment