Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

Hyster Countdown - 11 Days Pre-Op


I find myself consumed with getting everything organised for my hospital stay (unknown length of time), my stay with my parents for at least the first 2 weeks post-op, and the fact that post-op is a really big "unknown" and that is historically a really difficult concept for me to deal with. I like to *know* and, if not working really hard at controlling it, become quite anxious when there is a big *unknown* coming into play.

Putting my anxiety over the unknown aside, I have pretty much got everything under control. I have new nighties, undies & dressing-gown; new slippers and bedsocks; a couple of comfy new loose dresses; a couple of pairs of easy slip-on shoes; and two lists - (1) what I need to take to hospital, and (2) what I need to take to mum & dad's. OK, so it sounds a little anal / OCD / call it what you will, but concentrating on organising things and getting everything ready to go keeps my anxiety in check.

I have my personal trainer looking into when I can get back to the gym and what I can do and when, as well as putting together an eating plan for me post-op & post-hyster - pretty convenient having a personal trainer who is also a nutritionist! Unfortunately, she has banned me from training between now and the surgery because having stopped my meds for endometriosis, my hormones have started running wild & I have been cramping unpredictably and excrutiatingly - making it fairly impossible to complete a decent training session. So, I have been banned & instructed to look after myself and rest-up before my surgery. Makes sense I guess...

One major bonus of all of this - I got to buy a 2nd Boxee today to take to mum & dad's with me and to have for my own private use until I'm better, at which time it will be given to the girls to use in their lounge room. Very cool!!!


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment