Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

Days 18 & 19 - Farewell & Hello

I didn't get a chance to blog last night because we got an unexpected SMS during dinner letting us know it was an old colleague's retirement party - so we gulped down dessert, hailed a cab and crashed the party!

Hubby & I had a great time - it was his old bosses retirement, and I knew most of the people there from Xmas parties and other social get togethers over the years. Hubby was cornered by everyone wanting to know how he was and how his new job was going, which left me to my own devices and free to catch up with heaps of people I hadn't seen in a long time! I had a fantastic time and by the time we got home it was very late... or very early this morning if you want to look at it that way... lol!

Today was gym day, so off to the fabulous guys at Fullfitnent...


All was going well until my ankle "injury" reared its ugly head. A "hello" I didn't want to say... I say "injury" because I didn't actually injure it. I had a congenital condition that caused me to require surgery on my ankle when I was a kid, 11yo to be exact. The surgery was a success, but the surgeon had no idea what post-op care was. I was walking again before he took the stitches out and so with the stitches having been in so long, scar tissue had grown around them and one had pinched a nerve.... Long story, but my ankle is still really weak and has some osteoarthritis, as well as a defective nerve. Today it obviously decided enough was enough. So I'm now sitting here in pain with my ankle stapped and stinking up the place with deep heat!



No comments:

Post a Comment