Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Day 12 - Cider Heaven!

Being near Harcourt (famous for apples) cider is pretty popular up here in Castlemaine... But I was shocked (and thrilled!) when I went to the local Cellarbrations. There were not the usual choice of two or three (if you're lucky) apple ciders that I'm used to finding in your standard local liquor store - there were 3 FRIDGES full of different ciders! THREE FRIDGES!!! Well, that stopped me in my tracks - instead of having to make a quick "which one?" decision, I was faced with a "Wow! I love that, and that, and that... What do I really feel like?" decision!

There was all my favourites (and comments regarding the term "pear cider" will [probably] be ignored!) - Strongbow, a whole range from Rekordering, Henry of Harcourt's Perry, Bress, Kopparberg, Bulmers, Sail & Anchor, Monteiths, and the list goes on! Henry's, Bress & Rekordering top my list, but I came back with a 6-pack of Strongbow Summer Pear because it was (a) mostly cheaper and (b) the others were by the bottle and not in a convenient pack, and (c) in the case of Henry's and Bress, I want to pop in to their cellar doors tomorrow anyway.

I'm going to go have some happy, slightly intoxicated discussions with my father regarding systems security now *hiccup* lol!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment