Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Day 16 - Dinner With Friends

This evening hubby & I had a wonderful time having drinkies followed by dinner at a good (but not quite to my taste) Chinese restaurant in, suprise suprise, Chinatown. You know, one of those ones down a dark alley off Little Bourke Street that is so typical of Melbourne? Good food, good friends and a whole lot of chillis. And when I say a whole lot I mean A WHOLE LOT. You could hardly see the food for the chillis! It was more like "I'll have chillis with a dash of chicken thanks" rather than "I'll have chicken in chilli sauce thanks." Unbelievable! And what a mess we made... After the dishes were cleared, our messiness became all to apparent...


Guess I can now see why they have butcher's paper for table cloths! Don't the Chinese say that a messy table shows you really enjoyed your meal (or something to that effect?)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment