Pages

Friday 24 June 2011

Day 5 - And the school holidays begin...

It's true - the girls finished up term 2 today at 1pm. We are one of the schools that is either (a) stupid for having 3 weeks holiday in the middle of winter, or (b) smart for having 3 weeks holiday in the middle of winter so everyone can go skiing. Not being one for skiing, I vote for (a). I haven't even seen real snow in my entire life! Seriously!!!

As the school holidays don't tend to take into account the lives of those who work, even I, who am pretty flexible working for myself and now studying, have appointments that I can't just cancel. What to do with the girls? Grandparents!!! I packed a suitcase, bundled the girls into the car and took them out to hubby's parents for the next few days. That gets me through until mid-next week!

I think schools should dispense with holidays all together. I don't mean, or in any way suggest, teachers to give up their holidays - not at all! As the daughter of 2 teachers, I know the teachers really need the break! What I'm suggesting is 2 sets of teachers - one set teaches during the standard terms, and the other set teaches during what is currently the school holidays. Sounds good to me! Hey, and we pay enough in school fees - the least they can do is teach the full year! ;-)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment