Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 11 - Living it up in Castlemaine

I'm up in Castlemaine staying with my parents for a few days - so I can pick my dad's brain because it is his Network & Internet Security course I've been studying. Nothing like having the lecturer all to yourself for a few days to teach you one-on-one!

I just love it up here in Castlemaine - it's such a gorgeous town, lying approximately 1.5hrs NW of Melbourne. Mum and dad have been living here for a few months now, in a sweet little cottage close to the centre of town.


I had a lovely wander through town this afternoon - just having a look at what there was. Lots of wonderful stores from fashion to food, from gardening to art. Definitely not a boring little country town! And there is still so much to explore! One shop in particular caught my eye - it had a Prudence clone in the window.

For those of you who don't know, Prudence is my beloved teddy bear who has been with me for a number of years, and has been through many good times and some very bad times. I ventured into the shop and there were about 10 Prudence clones! I was shocked - not that there were other Prudence-like bears, but because of how much she has changed since my mum first gave her to me. She has definitely been well-loved and shows it!

Here is a Prudence-clone, and what my Prudence looked a lot like when she was new:



But now, after a lot of loving, she looks like this:


A little more of a grey than white, a bit worn around the edges, and a bit more squishy... but a whole lot more loveable that any of the brand new clones! There's nothing quite like your teddy bear :-)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment