Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

The start of a new week... and month...

It's Monday again - but you guys already knew that... And it is the 1st of August! Already! But you guys already knew that too... Where has the year gone?! It is all moving a little fast for me - the girls are definitely growing up too fast for my liking but there isn't too much I can do about that. Just enjoy every moment I have with them now and savour the memories.

Six weeks to go. "To what?" I hear you ask. I have suffered from endometriosis and polcystic ovaries ever since I was about 15 years old and it has never let up. There is only one pain that I have experienced that was more painful than endo & PCO and that was when I literally smashed my wrist. Anyway, a hysterectomy has long been on my wishlist. In 6 weeks today, my wish will come true. I will finally be getting a hysterectomy.


Some of my friends are seriously considering having another baby. I'm looking down the barrel at the "end of my child-bearing years" forever, end of story, no more discussion, all over. Am I bothered? No. Not even a little bit. I'm perfectly content with my two beautiful girls - who were both difficult to conceive and infertility treatment isn't something I'd want to go through again! I'm actually looking forward to it. I will, finally (with a bit of luck) be pain free for the rest of my adult life. No guarantees on that as endo can be a bit of a bugger and hang around, and I'll still have one ovary that could play up, but odds are pretty good it will be "pain, pain, go away!"

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is not doing anything for 6weeks or so... I'm not even allowed to drive for the first 6 weeks post-op! I guess I get some serious bearmaking time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment