Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

There's no place like home...


Week 3 post-op and I had a "test run" in preparation for next week when school goes back. On Sunday I went home, via the in-laws because I desperately miss the girls, and stayed overnight (on my own as hubby had to fly to Sydney on business) just to see how I would go. I also had an appointment with my shrink on Monday that I didn't want to miss. So, Sunday went well - a lot of driving, so I was tired and uncomfortable (as opposed to sore) when we finally reached home. I was glad to just sit back and catch up with some favorite TV shows that I recorded as mum and dad don't have Foxtel...

Monday was a public-transport day to firstly get to the PO box in the CBD, as hubby hasn't been at all since my op, and then out to Richmond to see the shrink. All went well, and all targets achieved, but I gave in after the shrink and took a taxi to Spencer St (sorry, Southern Cross...) because I still had to catch the train back up to Castlemaine. I didn't want to stay "home alone" as hubby will be in Sydney all week for work.

All in all it was a success! I was *exhausted* by the time I got back to my parents, and slept until noon today, but didn't get any pain or other nasty side-effects from being so active so soon after surgery. Another week of R&R and I'll be back into the swing of the school term & "normal" life!

No comments:

Post a Comment